How many times do you hear about it and how many times do you ignore it? Generally you do not need to worry about it because it is produced in our skin by triggering UV rays (sunlight) or is assimilated by specific foods such as fish, eggs, beef, muesli. But this is not always the case, unfortunately not everyone is able to produce the necessary amount of vitamin D, thus risking running into long-term health complications.
Long-term lack of vitamin D can be one of the causes of early osteoporosis, which is the weakening of the mineral density of bone tissue. Factor that occurs generally and mainly in very old people.
What is Vitamin D used for?
- Contributes to the regular absorption of calcium and phosphorus
- Contributes to cell growth
- Contributes to the proper functioning of the immune system
- Contributes to the maintenance of good muscle function
- Contributes to proper bone mineralization
- Contributes to the maintenance of teeth
How long to take Vitamin D?
If your body is unable to produce the right amount of Vitamin D, by consulting your GP, you will certainly obtain the prescription of a periodic treatment for the intake of Vitamin D through special drops, as well as a specific diet based on Vitamin D.
Where to buy Vitamin D?
Vitamin D supplements are not drugs but should not be taken irregularly and without the recommended advice of your GP or a specialist who has followed you after a specific visit.